Sunday, October 13, 2013

I fell off the wagon, and it ran me over...


Testing, testing...1, 2, 3...

I guess this thing is still on.

Hi.

So, where were we?  Oh, yes...I think I was in the midst of 1/2 marathon training.  I guess I should catch y'all up on things.

Somewhere in between week three and four of training, I hit a wall.  Not one of those little ones that you can overcome with a little pep talk and some wine, but a full-blown, big ass wall.  I'd printed off my schedule and posted it on the wall in front of me at my desk, and every day I'd look at it really PISSED I had to run AGAIN.  It was hot, I was miserable and it took forever to run just three miles. So, I began to skip workouts.  I'd make the ones I'd do shorter and shorter, never breaking over four miles.  I just didn't have it in me.  I started going to bootcamp and used that as an excuse, that I was too tired to run after having my rear handed to me at 5am.  I just didn't want to do it.  So, I didn't.

I also went off my PCOS medication cold turkey, and I'm still on the fence if that was a good call or not.  A medication that typically helps PCOSers lose weight had me pack on ten pounds in just a few weeks.  I was so mad about that, too, because it takes me forever to lose even one pound.  It just wasn't fair.  I felt better, per se, but I was heavier.  I figured it was probably better to be off meds and lighter than medicated and heavier, so there you go.

Bootcamp was off last week, and I took advantage of sleeping in every morning.  I didn't go to the gym once.  As nice as it was to just not do anything, I can tell by my clothes and pictures that it's probably in my best interest to get my crap together so here I am...publicly stating that I am not going into the holidays fatter than I was last year.

I have lots of fun things planned this fall, and I want to enjoy them by feeling good about myself.  It has been hard juggling all the things I've gotten myself into, along with Sean's school and Sawyer's swim team commitments.  Every week flies by.  I know it will be the holidays soon, and I have 2 5ks I've signed up for and I haven't hit the pavement in a month.  This will be hard, but I can do hard things.  (that's what she said bhahaha)  I've got this.

There ya go, folks.  I hope to hear from you - all the cheers and support really helps me stay on course!
Happy Sunday, y'all! xoxo I'm off to bed soon so I won't die at 4:50am.  Just kidding...sort of...

1 comment:

  1. GO JEN!!!! You can do it!!!! I know what you mean about not wanting to, but think how good you feel every time your done! YEAH! What 5k's are you doing?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means the world!