Thursday, March 5, 2015

Another great recipe!

**This recipe is from The Frugal Paleo Cookbook - I highly recommend purchasing this book!!!**

This is a recipe I've made several times, and every.single.time we end up with none left over.  I even DOUBLED the recipe, and Sean ate it all.  As in, like 9 thighs, plus veggies.  How he is not 500 lbs, I will never know.  I just pray my boys got his metabolism, and not mine.

Crispy Chicken with Lemon and Capers

2 lbs of chicken thighs
2 tbs of House Seasoning (2 tsp garlic, 2 tsp of onion powder, 1 tsp of cayenne (or paprika if cayenne is too spicy), and 1 tsp black pepper)
1 tsp kosher salt
2-3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp capers
1 lemon (or lime - both work)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Trim excess fat/hanging skin off of thighs.  Season the skin side with the House Seasoning and salt and set aside

Heat cast iron pan to medium-high and add olive oil.  If there won't be about an inch or so in between each thigh, work in batches.  Attempting to squish them all in there will steam them instead of sear them.  

Sear the chicken for 2-3 minutes, and then I place them in a glass baking dish.  I am always working in batches, so one big dish works for me.  I sear all the chicken and then add the olive oil/cooking juice to the pan, season the other side and roast for 30 minutes.  

After the 30 minutes is up, remove the chicken, add the capers and squeeze a big lemon or lime all over.  Serve and enjoy!  We like baked cauliflower (I season it with the House Seasoning, EVOO and salt) or sauteed zucchini and squash with it!  


Make sure to pour some of the juice over the chicken - it's the best part!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means the world!