Monday, December 3, 2012

Denial...not just a river in Egypt

Early Evening Ramblings:

When am I ever going to learn that being GF isn't just a passing fad for me?  I was making banana bread for the kids and decided to have a taste...or three...and almost instantly, I felt awful.  It's weird - the symptoms are similar, but can vary by intensity.  One of two things go down when I eat gluten.  I either feel like I'm getting the flu - all achy, head pounding, almost immediate loss of appetite or I get "glutenized" and blow up like the Blueberry Girl on Willy Wonka.  It also depends on what time of day it is, which I think is weird.  If I slip up early morning, I can usually make it through with no real issues.  If I eat something bad past say three or four p.m., it is game over.  Tonight, I was hit with the flu-like symptoms off of three bites of freaking banana bread.  I'm tired of trying to make sense of it all.  It gives me tired head.  I just need to get over it and quit testing it.

Whenever I get tired, cranky and think "what's the point" of this whole working out thing, I always get a message from someone random that inspires and motivates me to keep going.  Really strange...so, thanks, Village, you totes have my back on this.  :)  You might have to push that back (and ass) into the gym a few more times a week, but I'm glad you are there.

I'm a terrible gift-giver.  The pressure always gets to me and I always feel like it wasn't the right present, I didn't spend enough, etc.  I always get super excited when I find what I feel like is the "perfect" present for someone...and then freak out when I start thinking about their reaction.  Does anyone else do this?  I want to be "that" person so bad, the one that always has the perfect gift.  My friend Bethanye is so good at that.  You can say a very, very offhanded comment that means NOTHING at the time and somehow she can take that comment, store it in her brain, and then remember it for Christmas.  I account her not having children yet in having this ability.  Children take that part of your brain away while you are pregnant, and you never get it back.  EVER.

Speaking of children, my baby asked to go potty today and WENT!  I'm pretty sure that means I need to get on the potty-training bandwagon.  I'm positive I'm still recovering from post-traumatic stress potty training Sawyer, so I hope y'all will excuse my less-than-enthusiastic attitude towards this milestone.  I still can't get over the fact that I slipped and fell into a puddle of pee and busted my knee while training Sawyer.  And let's not forget the dinosaur turd/shit-splosion incident when I was on bed rest.  I just am not sure I have in me quite yet.

I've watched Puss n Boots 139 times and yet, I've never seen the whole movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means the world!