Monday, December 31, 2012

Word of 2013 - FAITH

I know I say this every year, but I really can't believe another year has gone by.  I go back and forth between being totally ready and sad to see another one gone.  I always get nostalgic looking back at all that has happened, too.  I doesn't seem possible that this time last year, Sawyer was only 4 and Everett barely 1.  They seem so old now, and still so little all at the same time.

I have so much to be thankful for, as all of us do, and I won't bore you with lists of the usual suspects. I think we all know I'm so grateful for my family, friends, job and overall heath and "happyness" (I love that book).  It started off a trying year, but I really think we finished up strong.  I saw lots of friends, travelled to two cities I'd never been to, ran my 1st 5k (and my second, and walked my third - boo) and lost 30 pounds.    We celebrated 10 years of marriage with an amazing trip, and spent a lot of time together that I feel was quality time.  I watched my boys turn five and two, and am amazed by them every day.  Sawyer's personality is bigger and funnier every passing day, and Everett's seriousness is a lovely compliment to it.  They really balance each other out, and love each other fiercely.  I love watching them together, and I pray that they stay close over the years.

I guess what I'm most nervous about is starting my Whole 30 project in a few days.  I refuse to call it a diet, because that word always gets me into trouble.  I wish I could fast forward 30 days to see the transformation and feel the results, but just like everything else I have to do the work first.  It seems simple enough.  Eat clean foods.  Don't cheat.  Lose cravings/weight/food issues.  Feel better!  I know I will go through my honeymoon phase, the grumpy phase, the annoyed this won't end phase and then will hit my stride just as the 30 days are up.  I'm praying this will jump start my weight loss again, help me lose the 4 (or 5 or shit...6) pounds that have crept back on me during the holidays and maybe 10 or so more.  I've already got a jump start on the no grains since going GF, but it will be a real challenge for me to prep ahead and make sure I don't leave myself in compromising positions that lead to bad food choices.  I just pray this is the answer to my lingering digestive issues and gives me strength in my workouts.  I've had a nagging injury that I won't go into detail about because it's ridiculous and pisses me off, but I'm also hoping this will help that, too.

All of this brings me to my word of 2013 - Faith.  Faith has a lot of meaning to me.  It was my name before I was adopted.  It gives you something to hold on to when things are hard.  It's very definition is "complete trust or confidence in someone or something."  You just gotta have faith.  Whatever your belief system is, it has to be rooted in this very word.  James 1:3 says "because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance".  I have faith in myself to become a better person, wife, mother and friend.  I have faith that I can continue this journey of weight loss and self discovery.  I have faith that my support system will hold me up and keep me accountable when things go wrong or I don't want to work hard.  I have faith in love.  I have faith in God that he will forgive me when I screw up (again and again...and we all know, again).  Faith, Hope and Love - it is what it is all about.

So, that's it.  Bring it, 2013.  I don't have a clue what is in store for me, but I'm pumped to see what happens.

I raise my glass to you, my village.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means the world!