Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Mayans were WRONG and other ramblings...


12-12-12 - this is a pretty cool day!  Almost as cool as 11-11-11, and 10-10-10!  Facebook tells me I'll never see another day numbered like this, so I'm trying to enjoy it as much as possible.

I love the holidays because everyone has parties and I get to see all my super awesome friends.  My friends can throw down like no other, and I think I still have the rum hangover to prove it.  I love all the food, drinks, crazy conversations and the new friends that come out of these gatherings.  Living the GF way has saved me on more than one occasion from eating stuff I shouldn't (which probably caused me to drink too much, but that is another story), giving me the first holiday season in awhile that I have yet to gain weight (fingers crossed).  However, I did let EVERYONE in a 20 yard radius know that I WANTED to eat the cupcake and and how NOT FAIR it was that I couldn't.  Misery loves company, duh.  Luckily, I have some super stellar friends that rock, and they hooked me up with some tasty GF treats that were perfect!  They also had cranberry rum and mixed with ginger ale, I may have found my new happy place/nemesis.

I'm sitting at 209 right now, and my hopes of breaking out of the 200s is slowly getting harder to attain before New Years Eve.  Sure, I could crash diet and eat air and drink water, but that sounds super lame so I'll just keep at my turtle pace and hope I lose all of this weight before I'm 40.  I'm about all out of pants that fit AGAIN, and yet I am having the hardest time purchasing more.  I also keep going to the fatty section of m'store (Target) and throwing things into my cart that is about 2-3 sizes too big without even thinking about it.  I had to go shop on the "other side" and checked the tag twice on the pants that I eventually bought because I wanted to make sure I didn't read it wrong.  It's a weird mind game, and I can only imagine how weird it will be when I lose another 30.  I'll be HS skinny and that thought alone blows.my.mind.

I guess that is it...oh wait...one more thing...

So, did I tell you about the time I almost did a 1/2 marathon with 4 days notice?  No?  Well, true story - that almost did happen.  I then began to think about the fact that I haven't ever even WALKED 13.1 miles, so maybe trying to run/walk them wouldn't be the best of ideas.  I had a dream that I ran the entire thing and woke up smiling...and from then on I have wanted that 13.1 sticker on my car.  So, looks like I'm going to buckle down and train this old lady butt to run for over two hours straight.  I woud like to do one in April or May, and I think that gives me enough time to properly train and prepare for the ridiculous amounts of running I'm about to do.  I don't see myself being a marathoner, and Dr. Cindy advised against me doing one, anyway (whew - valid excuse, thank you!), but I want that damn sticker. Who is this person???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means the world!