Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Gotta finish, even if I limp across the line...

You know who just finished her 21st day in Whole 30??  That would be ME!!  Only 9 more days to go, but honestly I don't know how much I'll go back to once I'm finished.  I'm loving the way I feel and am so happy to eat what I like and not have to count calories, points, eat boxed foods, etc.  It's really freeing.  It's been really strange having my tastes change.  I've repeated a few dishes in the past 21 days, and how it tasted at the beginning compared to now is incredible!  I love the natural flavors I've found in clean eating, and discovering different spices has been fun, too.  I don't even really miss cheese!  It seems like such wasted calories to me now.  The hardest thing for me has been the sweet snacks.  I want chocolate.  I want it bad.  

I'm still down 6 lbs, and I won't lie - I am kinda bummed about that.  I kinda wondered if I would lose any since I already had cut grains out of my life, and that is usually the biggest "change" people deal with while doing Whole 30.  6 pounds is 6 pounds, but I wanted it to be 16.  Maybe if I didn't cheap with those lattes?  Just kidding...sort of.  

My biggest hurdle has been the inability to workout.  I never thought I would miss the gym, but I do.  Having my morning workout just clears my head, and gives me the energy to do what I need to do as a wife/mom/room mom at RJ.  I'm so thankful I had surgery, because I do feel a ton better.  I am looking at having procedure #2 in the next few weeks, and dread having to go through recovery all over again.  I hate being incapacitated and most of all I am terrible at asking for help.  I am just not good at it at all.  Thankfully, I have some friends who kinda don't mind my inability to ask for help and just take action.  Amanda and Krista hands down are the reason I was able to stay on my diet while dealing with surgery and the days after.  It was such a blessing to have meals ready to go, and it be food that the family could enjoy while I went in and out of a medicated coma.  My poor parents picked up the slack so much, too, and I am so glad they are close by.  Sean was a super star and let me sleep 20 hours a day.  It was a rough few days.  I hope the 2nd round won't be so bad.

That's all I have going for now...thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers during this crazy past few weeks.  I've been so blessed by it all!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means the world!