Sunday, January 6, 2013

Whole 30 - Day 3 and 4

I totally broke the first rule of Fight Club, I mean, Whole 30...I weighed myself today.

AND WHOO HOO GLAD I DID - I'm already down four pounds!

Now, I know that this will go up and down and all around, and it's kind of making me mad thinking about how awesome it would be if I could workout during this experience (I'm starting back this week.  I can't sit still any longer), but I am already thrilled by the results that I am seeing.  Here is what I'm noticing so far:

1.  Weight loss.  I'm back down to my pre-holiday weight.  I had a hell of a good time putting it on, but I'm glad it came off so quickly.  Now we start on the remaining 10 lbs I want to lose to get out of the 200s!!

2.  My head is not foggy anymore.  In fact, it's the clearest its been in a long time.

3.  I have energy.  So much so, that I cleaned out my closet AND did the dishes!  Who is this person?

4.  Little to no tummy bloat!  Yay!  My stomach is still getting adjusted to the major introduction of veggies back into my diet, but so far so good.  It was a little rumbly in my Financial Peace Class tonight, and that was embarrassing.  Next class I'll remember a snack.

I'm still struggling so much with meal planning.  I need to sit down and physically write out a schedule.  It's the only way things will happen.  I only have one more week of Sean home every night before he starts back to school, and I don't want to waste any of that precious time!  It will also help with the crazy trips to the store.  I'm already out of apples and almost out of eggs.  I'm pretty sure I need something else but my brain is tired of all the cooking and thinking.  I also need to pick 3 big main courses to cook this week so we can rock those.  I made Curry Chicken in the crock-pot and it was A. bad ass  B.  easy as hell and C. nice to have something ready to heat up (I made it the evening before).

My goals for the week are as follows:

1.  Meal Plan and shop accordingly
2.  Workout at least 3x
3.  Continue the Great Purge of 2013 and attack the children's toys

A few of you guys asked about Curry Chicken Recipe - my fellow Whole 30er Tiffany sent it to me and her family loved it, too!  I bet you could make cauliflower rice (need to do that so bad) and eat it with it and it would be awesome.  I highly recommend having avocado with it, the smooth texture and little bit of sweetness was a nice compliment!  The recipe can be found here.

I also made Apple Streusel Egg Casserole today.  The consistency was perfect, but the flavor was just a tad bit off...until I ate it cold. I LOVED it cold.  Who knows, I'm probably just starving and will eat anything at this point, but it was a lot sweeter and the apples were much more flavorful.   The egg mixture would actually make a really good crust-free quiche base, made with veggies and meat in it.  I'm thinking about making one tomorrow or Tuesday to eat for breakfast a few days this week.  It would be yummy with homemade salsa!  I have had a few ideas thrown my way on how to make this one with the apples more appealing, but like I said - it was amazeballs cold.  Who knew!??

Here is the recipe:

Apple Streusel Egg Muffins
3 large green Apples chopped inot ½ inch pieces (I used Fuji, it was good)
3 tbls warm water
2 tsps cinnamon
1 ½ tbls coconut oil
9 eggs
3 tbls coconut milk
1 ½ tbls coconut flour ( I used Almond flour - it was what I had on hand)
¼ teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of sea salt
Brown the apples in a pan with the coconut oil and half of the cinnamon.  Let cook until they are like chunky applesauce.  In a bowl, whisk the rest of the ingredients and then blend with the cooled Apples.  You can also add chopped nuts if you want.   Bake in a glass pan at 350 degrees and cut into squares.  I made them in a cupcake pan, and had to soak for a week to get the egg out.  Bake for 35-40 mins.  Check at 30 to make sure how much longer.

If you made it to the end of what is possibly my longest post to date, congrats.  Your prize is one of the 30 pairs of shoes I'm donating!!  You're welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means the world!