Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Great Return...

Happy Spring Break 2013!

Remember when that meant parties, drinking and doing even less than normal?  Yea...these days all that "Spring Break" means is a week I have to come up with plans to entertain my 6 year old along with getting my work done.  No sleeping in, no lounging in the afternoons.  It's also freezing outside, so this Texas girl is not really digging that, either.  All I have to say is I'm thankful for Wreck It Ralph and Play-Doh.

I did my first workout on Thursday, and I think I'm still sore today.  Maybe doing Day 1 of Couch 2 5k wasn't the brightest idea??  I was so pumped to be there, I kinda forgot about the whole "haven't worked out in three months" part of the deal.  I was QUICKLY reminded when I was sucking wind after only jogging for 90 seconds.  Wow.  It leaves you that fast, huh?  I think the only thing I lost faster than my endurance was all the Spanish I spent a semester in Mexico learning.  

I'm about 10 pounds lighter than I was last time I worked out, and I could tell a difference.  I definitely felt lighter in my mid-section while I walk/jogged.  I also could tell how dang jiggly I've become.  I felt kinda sorry for the dude behind me because I'm sure it was a scary sight.  It felt good, and I made it through most of the workout before feeling sore via my surgery site.  Per Dr T's instructions, I let pain be my guide, and I quickly wrapped things up and stretched out really well.  I was a good girl and did not go overboard.  I really wanted to do some weights, but I thought it might be too much?  I think I was right because I woke up the next morning, sore from head to toe.  Seriously, it was pretty bad.  I think I'm going to do Day 1 again tomorrow, and see how I do.  I'm giving myself two weeks to ramp up for training, because I need to kick it into gear after that.  I've decided to do the Heels and Hills 5k as my great return to racing on May 5th.  I hear the course is pretty flat, and the shirt is cute so I think it's a great way to get back into things.  I'd love to get a few 5ks under my belt before summer hits and the heat kills me.  I'm tossing around training for a 1/2 this fall/winter.  I want my 13.1 sticker!!  

I've had a friend reach out, and together I think we are going to take over the world.  Haha, just kidding.  She will totally take over the world without me, that I am sure of.  She is, however, going to give me lots of good workout tips, exercise plans and other fun information so we can see what this old body can actually do.  She has recently had a lot of things click for her and I'm excited what she's going to send to me.  I hope to have lots of good stuff to blog about!  I think I will.  

Cheers until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means the world!