Friday, May 3, 2013

Kriss Kross will make you Jump, Jump!

Y'all, I seriously thought about wearing my shirt backwards in memory of Chris Kelly this week.  One of my fondest memories of elementary school (shout out, Key Cobras -whhhat?!!) was our end of year dance.  Please imagine a hundred or so (mostly) white kids shaking their thing to this song in the cafeteria.  It.was.AMAZING.  I laugh thinking about it still, because it was too much.  The puff-painted outfits, the cut off shorts, the somewhat gangsta rap playing in our little elementary. You can't make this stuff up!  I really did have a fun time growing up in A-town.  I hope my kids get to be just as silly as we did.

With that said, RIP Mac Daddy.  You made this white girl jump, jump fo' sho.

~~~~~


I just got back from picking up my race packet for this weekend's race, or what I like to call "Jenn's Gonna Fake It Till She Makes It" race.  The shirt is adorable.  The path is flat.  The weather should be amazing.  I bought myself a new pair of pants so my old ones won't fall down while I run (you're welcome).  I'd like to PR and beat my last time of 45:10, but I'm not really putting that much pressure on myself to do that.  I just want to finish and hang up a new bib in my office.  My friend T and I are going to do a half in September, but I feel like I have lots of time to get ready for that.  Saying that, September will be here before we know it, I will be 32 and I will be screwed.  Someone please remind me to start training before August, ok?

~~~~~

I heard this saying today while watching a movie, and I really took it to heart.  "Bad news is good news in disguise."  Hum.  Let that sink in.  That is pretty true, right?  Every time I've gotten bad news, it's worked out in the best way possible.  My house caught fire = got to remodel.  I lost my job = got a badass one working for my buddy.  Lost a bad friend = gained time to focus on my good ones.  It always hurts at the beginning, but I've always come out of it better than ever at the end.  It's just a good lesson I'm taking in.  Thanks, Ice Age 4.  :)

Happy Weekend, y'all!  May it be as beautiful as you are.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means the world!