Friday, October 12, 2012

Angry Eyes

One of my favorite scenes in the last Toy Story movie is where Mrs. Potato Head packs her husbands "angry eyes" in his butt storage area.  It cracks me up, and I've adopted using the saying for lots of things.  Just ask my favorite Vegan, Katie!

To wrap this week up, here are some high's and low's:

High:  My thyroid levels came back NORMAL!  Praise the Lord!  No meds for me.

Low:  I'm still feeling lethargic.

High:  I got a few free samples of the Nuva-ring, and will be trying that shortly to see if the estrogen will help boost my lady-levels and make me feel better.

Low:  I had a brutal gluten attack, and recorded the crazy fast progression of my stomach.  I apologize for a few things in advance.  1.  That I look like hell.  2.  that I look like pregnant hell.  3. that there are nekkid babies in a few pictures.  I had to take them fast.  Multi-tasking at its finest!

This first picture I took a few weeks ago, when I was at 219/220.  My tummy has since gone down from this, especially the top part.  


This was 15 minutes after accidentally ingesting gluten.  I honestly had maybe 1/2 of my dinner total.  I knew after three bites things were off, but I kept eating like an idiot. 



This was taken about 20 minutes after eating.  I'm starting to feel really full, miserable and my stomach is burning at this point.  For those that have been pregnant, my belly feels the same way: ROCK HARD.  



This is 30 minutes after eating.  I'm a full-blown, totally pregnant looking person at this point.  This is me sucking in, too.  I've had two large glasses of water and I'm about to puke.  I think you can see the pain on my face.  I spent the rest of the night on the couch.


So, I'm pretty sure I have an allergy/severe intolerance to gluten.  My stomach did get a little bigger than this and I got a wicked headache to top off the evening.  I've felt pretty bad all day today.  I am scared to eat, worried that something will trigger this again. It's not a fun way to live.

I totally have my angry eyes in right now.  I'm not angry about going gluten free, I'm just angry that it's so hard to know what will make me sick and what won't.  I'm angry that I have to worry about this.  I'm angry that I can't eat a eff'in donut.   Angry I have to make yet another change in my life...

That is where I am today.  Nursing a glass of water and eating a piece of "safe" banana bread.  I promised Misty I'd be in a better mood today, but I think it's going to take another few hours to get back to happy.

Oh, and I have 8 days until my next 5k!  That part of my life is actually going well!  I'm super excited to run in a race, again - I need the goal to keep focused.  Hopefully my angry eyes won't be packed for my long run tomorrow morning!  I am always an over-packer, though...

1 comment:

  1. What?! Another 5k, how did I not know about this?
    I need to do one ASAP, I'll probably be walking most of it :/
    Signed, your friend, the angry vegan :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means the world!