Monday, October 22, 2012

Honored Hero 5k and a PR!

5k number two is in the books, y'all - with a Personal Record!  Ok, so - I only had one time to beat, but I did it!  I really didn't think I would, either.  It was soooo windy, and I was having a hard time struggling through that.  I found my crew of "slow-timers" and stayed pretty consistant on my pace.  I am still having a hard time getting adjusted to running outside and weaving in and out of people.  I feel like I need to start training in the mall so I get used to herds of people milling about.

I won't lie - I was WAY less prepared for Sunday's race than I was my previous one.  I didn't eat enough carbs and I definitely didn't hydrate properly.  It was probably for the best Madonna cancelled her Saturday concert (NOT FAIR), so I did get a decent amount of sleep, but I totally could've gotten my act together a little bit better.  The prior week's worth of drama was enough to get into my head around Mile 2, and I know I slowed down to a snails pace fighting those internal battles.  It was a super fun race and I had a good time, though.  I'm just ready to run when it's not 85 and muggy.  I think I actually liked running in the rain a little bit better!  At least I wasn't hot!


Official Time: 45:10:37  I beat 90 people!  Let's not talk about the 300 that beat me.  :)


Me and m'coach - she's the best!  She ran the half, and started dancing with the crowd right after she was done.  I'm not sure I was breathing normally yet, and I finished a good hour before she did.  

Anyhoo, how quickly my life has changed and my focus has shifted to finding more races instead of excuses.  Looks like I'll be doing two races in November and the Jingle Bell Run in December!  I even had a dream last night where I ran a half marathon of my own.  Trust me, this is a FAR AWAY dream, but if I've learned anything in the last few months it's to never say never.  Stranger things have happened...

2 comments:

  1. JENN!!! YOU have a blog!?! You didn't tell me! So fun! I am excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go with your run! You go!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means the world!