Sunday, October 7, 2012

Let them eat cake! No, seriously...


Day 4 is coming to a close, and I'm proud to say I've been 98% Gluten free this whole time!

I really, honestly, do feel better.  And it hasn't been that difficult of a change, either.  The only awkward/man this sucks moment I had was at my friends baby shower and I couldn't eat any cake.  Oh well, I know I didn't need it anyway.  It has been a big change to go from eat what I like to eat what won't make me sick.  It has also been interesting to adjust to my new "full" feeling.  I used to eat and get almost insta-poofy tummy, so that is when I would quit.  Now that I don't really see that poofy thing going on, I have to be careful to not over eat whatever it is I am shoving in my face.  I'm craving more veggies and fruits than ever before, and I even made a "clean" chili that is super delicious!  All in all, I think it will be more or less a permanent shift in food consumption.  I've noticed I've been sleeping better, and not so tired during the day, too.  Who knows if all of this is because of the "Great Gluten Removal", but hey - I'm going to count that it is.

My 2% gluten that is remaining is coming from my Genesis Pure shake.  Man, for someone that hates shakes I'm super addicted to this one!  I can't fathom the thought of removing it from my diet right now.  It is my go-to when I don't feel like eating much, and I really don't see any side effects from it, either.  I know that it could still be causing inflamation, but for now...I'm not saying goodbye.

I went to stay with my DZ Big Sis this past Friday, and she and her husband are doing the Whole30 challenge.  I gave her a hard time at first, but after further consideration it might be the next adventure I take on.  I'm not in a place yet that I feel ready to make the commitment, but it's worth a look-see.

My next race is on the 21st, and Misty was nice enough to get a program together for me to prep for the run.  My shins have been giving me fits again, and I'm trying to baby them as little as possible but they are super tender.  I'm down to 217, but I need to kick my diet into gear and break through the 210 barrier.  I'd love to lose 20 lbs in 2 months - or, really in time for NYE.  I think 2013 is a good year not to be a fat ass anymore.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means the world!