Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I bought a new swim suit. It doesn't have a skirt. This is a big deal.

Sunday was a great day.  I'll need to back track, however, just a bit, before I can explain why.

We went to the lake a couple of weekends ago, and since we hadn't spent any time at the pool, I hadn't made my yearly trek to Target for what I call "The Most Depressing Shopping Trip Ever."  We usually live in the pool, and cheap suits from Target usually only last a year.  My suit from last year was nothing short of a swim muu-muu.  It had a lot of letters in the size.  It was ugly.

I'd kind of forgotten about all of that, really, until it was time to pack for the lake.  I tried it on before we left and laughed because it was huge.  It was also much uglier than I remembered it being, so I feel really sorry for anyone that spent time with me at the pool last year.  I must have looked like Michelle Duggar (no offense) in her one piece modesty suit, but a hundred times worse.  However, I was SOL on getting a new one before the lake since I didn't discover this information until about 10 pm the night before and I knew I would have no time the following day to torture myself with suit buying.  So off me and my ginormous suit went, and we had a grand ole' time.  I only almost lost my bottoms two times.  Victory.

So, fast forward to last Sunday.  Mom offered to let me try on the new suit she'd just bought to see what I thought, and I pretty much just didn't want to deal with the emotions.  I have a long history of thinking something is going to fit and it ends up looking like shit, so I really felt like this was going to be another one of those moments.  However, I did remember how badly I needed to get a new suit, so I went ahead and tried it since at least it wasn't in the horrid dressing rooms of Target and if it got really bad, I knew where they kept the liquor.

It fit.

Actually, it was a little big on top!   I promptly decided that I should carpe diem and head to Target immediately to find one similar, but in a different color, so I could swim in something that stood a chance of staying on while swimming with two crazy kids.  I found a tankini that I love, and most fun part is - it doesn't have a skirt!  I look decent in a bathing suit without a skirt!  Now, there are plenty of really cute tiny bikinis that have skirts...please realize what I had last year did NOT fall into that category.  I happen to think the skirts are cute, but not when they are in a size 22.  It's just a huge milestone for me since that is my most self conscience area.  Thanks, babies.  :)

As we were leaving, I saw a bathing suit I'd been eyeing since early May.  A friend of mine owns it, and she looks adorable in it.  So, naturally, I thought it would be adorable on me, too.   Not so much.  Last time I tried it on, I laughed and cried at my image in the mirror.  It was bad.  Six weeks and serious 90 Day Challenge actions later - that pink suit came home with me, too.  I can't even tell you how long its been since I could find TWO bathing suits I liked, at the same time.

So while I haven't lost oodles of pounds (yet), I am losing inches.  A lot of them.  I am already down an inch in my waist, arms and thighs.  I'll take it, and run all the way to Target's bathing suit section with it! :)

Here's a pic of my new suits!



2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I haven't purchased a swim suit in YEARS...I've been too afraid to, but I'm thinking this summer I'm going to have to suck it up and go get one so I can play in the pool with the kids!

    Kaelyn @ Mommyrunningcrazy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not my most favorite thing to do, trust me! haha! Do it, and have fun with the babes!!! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means the world!