Monday, June 10, 2013

See the Art in Me

Hi Friends.

That's E's new thing, by the way, to say that.  I really adore it.  He doesn't say much, still, but when he does it's extra special and precious!

Sawyer and I attended a special wedding this past weekend.  At Sawyer's old school (sigh...hard to type that), he attended the after school program every day that is watched over by a really great group of college-aged kids.  One in particular, Lindsey, became Sawyer's favorite and we've welcomed her into our family because who wouldn't want a sweet girl like that around?  Sawyer was so sad when she moved back home, but she did a great job about paying visits to PCA when she was here.  I was so surprised and happy when we got her wedding invitation, and Sawyer started his countdown to "Ms. Lindsey's Party".

Well, that sweet girl married her sweet boy on Saturday...and I cried.  Anyone that knows me, knows that I have a serious issue with outright religious movements and moments.  For me, religion is a seriously private affair.  What I believe in has nothing to do with anyone else, and how I worship is between me and the Big Guy.  I will say this, though, that on Saturday you could just feel God looking down.  Not in a overwhelmingly big event type of way, but very serene and just peacefully.  I've been to many weddings, many of which are huge, lovely productions with bands, fireworks and a photobooth to be silly in.  I love those weddings, because they are great parties.  Jennjilla loves her a great party.  I guess I just really loved this wedding because while you could tell they paid attention to details (hello, chevron printed burlap ribbon - adorable), you could really tell they were there to celebrate their love and their shared love for God.  I love that they asked in several different ways for advice and words of encouragement.  It was a special day, and Sawyer thought he was SOOO cool because he was the only kid from ASC to be invited.  He was the perfect date and we had fun eating cake and drinking lemonade out of "jars like Nene has".  He's a good kid.  I love spending one-on-one time with him.



I just wrapped up my first week of my 90 Day Challenge, and it's going great!  I love sharing my passion.  It's been really fun for me to gain Challenge Buddies (Hey, girls, Hey!) and I have really enjoyed trying out new recipes to keep my shakes anything but boring.  I am down 2 pounds, which is pretty huge.  I never lose actual weight.  My clothes fit better, sure, but it's nice to see movement on the number (even though that stupid number doesn't define me).  I'm hosting my first Challenge Party tomorrow, so that will be fun, too.  I've teamed up with my spray-tan lady, Stephanie, and we are throwing a Shake and Bake Party!  Personally, I think it's like..the most fun sounding thing ever!  I'm really excited to share our products with our friends!  I really took a chance with ViSalus, but I don't regret it one bit.  I have an awesome team who is nothing but supportive and encouraging, and it's just been a lot of fun to get behind something that helps so many people achieve their goals.  I hope in the coming weeks I become one of those people, too!  I know I can, and I'm ready for the challenge.  :)  Shake and Bake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means the world!