Sunday, June 2, 2013

90 Day Challenge - Go Big or Go Home.

Hi Village,

First of all - thank you so much for the love and support you have given me in the past year.  I know 100% that I wouldn't have gotten to where I am without it.  You are the best.

With that said, I'm happy to announce the next thing I need you for - the biggest and baddest challenge yet!  Let me show you first where I have been...and then I'll tell you where I'm going!

WHERE I'VE BEEN:


That was me on November 11, 2010.  I was hours away from delivering my second baby, and I think I was tipping the scales at 257.  That was the last recorded weight I know of, anyway.  Everett was only seven pounds, three ounces of that mess, so I had my work cut out for me.  We had been through so much trying to get pregnant and then stay pregnant.  Emotionally and physically, I was drained to the core. I had spent the last nine weeks on bed rest, had a 3 year old that had his tonsils and adenoids removed during that time and was having contractions all day, every day.  It was rough, but I'd do it again to get my sweet Everett Gray.  He's worth every ounce of that weight.


This was me, roughly a year later.  Minus the big belly, I was still big.  That was a XXL sweater, size 20 jeans and extra wide calf boots I was barely able to squeeze into.  I had changed jobs, spent the better portion of my life on 635 driving and ate out breakfast and lunch.  I worked out once a month, and vegetables were typically garnishes on my plate and not something I actually ate.  I was miserable.  I had zero energy.  My hormones were still going crazy and I was just puffy all over.  To top it all off, about two weeks after these pictures were taken, our house caught fire and we were displaced for three months.  The will to be healthy was not there.  Not one smidgen.  I continued down this path for a good three months, climbing the scales AGAIN and hitting near 250.  It was insane how quickly the weight was gained, but since I'm one of "those girls" that holds their weight well (whatever that means), it was hard to tell until I hit rock bottom.  When your clothes resemble maternity clothes, but you aren't pregnant...it's time for a change.

So, friends...that's what I came from.  Just call me Large Marge.  It makes me sad to look at pictures, or really the lack thereof, during that time because I just didn't like myself.  So I had to do something.  Thank goodness I had all of you to help me along the way!

One of the biggest changes I have made during this whole experience is nutrition.  My thinking towards food and what I put in my body has changed 110%.  Breakfast continues to be the biggest challenge for me, and after many trials what I have found that works best is the Visalus Vi-Shape shake.  I'm huge about texture, and this shake has none of the grittiness that some of the other shakes has.  It also has a really nice flavor that mixes well with all sorts of fruits, and also completely hides the spinach and kale tastes when I mix those in, too.  A few tidbits about the shake that I found interesting are:

  • It's Gluten-Free - a HUGE plus in my book.  All other shakes I tried tore up my digestive system.  I truly need a GF solution, and I have been drinking these daily since March and have not had one issue.
  • It's made with less than 1g of sugar - for someone who has PCOS and has a body that acts like a diabetic, this was a huge selling point for me, too.  It's also lower in sodium and fat that most other shakes on the market, too.
  • Made with Non-GMO soy - this is a big deal, too.  I don't need soy messing with my estrogen levels (since they, along with everything else, are already a mess).
  • It works for everyone -  young, old, overweight, underweight and everything in between!  I love that Sean's grandma can try this shake and my workout buddies can, too!  It's a good fit in any diet.
I also use this shake as a post-workout supplement, and over the course of two months I have lost body fat and gained lean muscle in its place.  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't have a shake.  It's just part of my life now, and if I skip it I can tell.  I also tend to make bad choices, food-wise, when I don't start my day with one.  It has really helped keep my food on track, and recover from my workouts strong and ready for the next day's.

WHERE I'M GOING:


This is me today - 210lbs, but leaner than I've been in years.  I workout 4-6 times a week, and I'm wearing mostly 14-16s, depending on their cut (or if they are from Target.  Target, your sizing sucks).  Most everything in my closet is too big.  The dress I'm wearing above was the one I wore for our 10th anniversary last year, and had to wear heavy duty Spanx to squeeze into it.  I'm happy to say that in this heat, no Spanx will be necessary this year!  

So, long story short: I need your help - and this is a big one!  I'm turning 32 on September 1st, and I have decided to do the Visalus 90 Day Challenge to get me to my goals so I can start this next year of my life in the best shape I've been in since High School.  My Goals are as follows:
  1. Break through my weight plateau and lose 20 lbs - finally hitting my original goal weight of 190 and getting out of these stupid 200s.
  2. Lose inches on my belly and arms, my two trouble areas (I will take measurements this week) 
  3. Benchpress 75 lbs, because I want to be a hoss.
  4. Not die doing ab work (this is a general goal, just ask my trainer how bad I suck at ab work haha)
  5. Have friends join me!!
Here is my website, http://jennhutcherson.bodybyvi.com/ - please take a look!  I know that I do my best when I have support around me, and I'm looking for friends and family to join me in this latest shenanigan I've decided to get myself into.  I will be hosting a Challenge Party soon, too, so please let me know if you'd like to come try out the shakes for yourself.  I know I was hesitant before I did, but I quickly fell in love and here we are! (If you don't live in the area, just let me know if you'd like a sample.  I'm happy to mail you one!)

Thank you again for your love and support.  All the texts, emails and messages really help keep me going!  I truly do have the best village!!


 

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Jenn! It's amazing to see the difference and I love how honest you are on your journey! Way to rock that dress!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means the world!