Monday, June 17, 2013

Walk the Talk

Hi Friends!

This past weekend, we took what was pretty much a spontaneous (for us, these days) trip to the lake with another family from Sawyer's old school.  Long story short, it was just what this old girl needed.  Sun, family time, a boat and lots and lots of laughing!  I was especially proud of E for swimming in the lake when I knew he was scared to at first.   That big body of water has to be really overwhelming to a two year old, and he was a champ the whole time.  It probably didn't hurt that Ms. V had a CARS float with Ka-Chow (Lightening) on it, either.  I was just glad we could all go have fun together!

I have put off buying a new swimsuit this year mainly because they are UGLY.  I have not seen a decent looking one that came in my size (Whatever that may be these days), and that didn't resemble a swim muu-muu.  Funny how things have changed since last summer - I wanted to be covered up completely.  I probably would have bought one of those swim dresses the Duggars if they were sold at Target.  I've tried on a few things recently, but haven't found one I loved.  Even when ginormous, we do tend to spend a lot of time at the pool.  Thankfully, that is normally at my parents house, so at least the Shamu Show was private in years past.  I kid, I kid...anywho!  My procrastination/indecisiveness lead me to having to wear my old one from last year....and laugh when I put it on.  It was HUGE.  It looked so stupid!  It was a good reminder that while I may be far from my ultimate goal, I've still come a long way and that I need to keep going.  And to also burn that stupid suit.  And suck it up and find a new one.  So much pressure!

I didn't want to workout today at all.  It was raining, I was tired and really sore from water skiing.  I was a little pissed that all the weight I'd lost was back from drinking wine this weekend.  I was talking with a friend, getting her set on a date to start her own personal challenge (Go Team Healthy Mom!), and she was like "Well, I know you'll get back on track."  Um...crap.  You mean...I can't just be lazy?  I can't very well self appoint myself as someone's accountability partner IF I am not being accountable myself, can I?  So...I texted a friend and headed to a strength training class this evening.  I'm pretty sure this will fall under "Dumb Ideas" because I'm already in pain, but I am glad I did it.  I'm always glad after working out.

So, lesson is...if you are going to preach something, you better have lots of practice to back it up.  I went to practice today, friends.  I'll be back tomorrow!  xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means the world!