Monday, September 17, 2012

My Plan for the Week

How is it already Monday?  Better question is, how is it already less than two weeks before the BIG RACE?  I kinda get all sweaty and anxious every time I start to think about it.  I know it will be fine, I know that I'll finish, and I KNOW that I'll consume a few yummy beerz afterwards, but oh my goodness...I can't hardly wait!

My plan for this week is to workout Tuesday and Wednesday for sure, with the Thurs/Fri/Sunday still up in the air.  I would really love to get in four workouts, but I've learned to be really proud and satisfied with the three that usually happens.  I used to beat myself up if I didn't stick to my "plan" - and then just quit it all together.  Seems totally dumb now that I think about it.  It's just like eating a donut...I like them...I'm going to eat them...I'm just going to limit myself and workout even harder if I do decide to indulge.  End of story!  This attitude adjustment has served me well.  I am my own worst critic.  No one can make me feel as bad as I can. (For the most part.  There have been some real bitches in my life that have caused a few issues, but I believe in karma and when you are ugly, all you will receive back is ugly.  So, there.) I just need to not get knocked out of the saddle, and instead use every mistake as a challenge to do better next time.  It's working so far.

Now, one of the biggest things weighing on my mind is what to wear for the BIG RACE.  I'm pretty sure my too large yoga pants and lame UTA tee shirt aren't going to cut it.  I bought a pair of those wind shorts with the underwear in them (OMG, funniest thing ever on me), but I will not be rocking those in public any time soon.  I don't want to spend a lot of money, but I do want something that will last.  My workout clothes are starting to look really sad (and big, YAY!) and I need some new things.  Maybe there will be a Target fashion show in the next few days...

I also need some headphones that stay in my ears while jogging.  I apparently have the worlds tiniest ears.  I'm almost positive my 5 year old has bigger ones (poor guy)than I.  Nothing stays put and it drives.me.CRAZY every time I run.  While cleaning out my super awesome office, I did find a $30 gift card to Best Buy!  I think I'll be headed that way shortly to see what they have.  I also found two gift cards to the movies and my Gucci glasses.  Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means the world!