Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Beginning

My name is Jenn.  I'm pleasantly plump.  I've had two kids, a slight addiction to food and yummy, yummy drinks and I have let myself go.  This is my journey of changing all of that.

In my head, I'm still a size 10-12 hot college chick.  The mirror, and all major clothing retailers, like to prove that otherwise.  I don't remember having a weight issue in high school, and honestly don't ever remember freaking out about my weight in my early years.  I feel really, really lucky about that one.  My best friend, among others, had a serious eating disorder and I get how difficult that can be. I love me most days, and have no aspirations to be super skinny.  I just want to feel good again and be able to WALK INTO ANY STORE AND BUY SOME EFFIN' CLOTHES.  Big girls can feel me on this one.  It's so hard/frustrating to be limited in which stores you can buy clothes from.  Boutique clothing - for.get.about.it.  I love fashion, and while I'm not super trendy, I love looking nice and having fun jewelry to accessorize with.  When you can only shop in 4 stores (for the record, my list is 1. Target 2. Macy's 3. Dillards 4. Kohls), and you only have a tiny section in the back to choose from life can be a bit defeating.  I'll never forget the day I went into a shop in California with two of my girlfriends and nothing, not ONE THING, fit and I had to sit there while they bought the latest and greatest super skinny jeans.  In one way, it goes to show you that your friends don't see the fat on you the way you see it, but in another way it was just a kick to the gut.  This trip was before I had kiddos, too.  I can't even say I'd attempt another trip in one of those stores right now.

So here I am.  I'm about three weeks away from my first 5K.  I'm only on week 5 of Couch 2 5K, and struggling daily to fit a workout in/not talk myself into going back to bed.  I'm a former athlete turned slug and this is my time to change my ways.  So, here is the run down of where I'm at and what I'm doing to change things.

Weight: 220

Thoughts about weight:  Holy Shit.  Who let the fat girl on the damn scale?  Weight is weird for me.  I am one of those women who fluctuates 5-8 lbs a day.  Too much salt/bread/booze/pizza - boom, 4 lbs gained right away.  Caloric intake is crucial for me, and they need to be smart calories, too.  I just love pizza soooooo much....

Size: Pretty much a solid 18

Thoughts on this size: Well, it's better than the 22 I was at previously.  There is no "2" at the beginning of it.  Small victories, people.

Exercise: Tuesday, I went and did my C25K training.  I also stretched for about 20 minutes.  My goal is to be at the gym 3x a week.  Anymore workouts are a bonus!

Food: I'm starting my day every morning with a Genesis Pure Complete Shake.  Future posts will talk about my issues with supplements/shakes, but I will say this one is DELICIOUS and mixed with berries, it's a great way to start the day.  I even prefer it over donuts.  For real.  For the rest of my meals, I'm trying to stick with salads, lean proteins and low carbs.  I don't have a strict meal plan, because those never work for me.  I made the mistake of buying a can of Nutella, though.  I'm slowly polishing that bad boy off one vanilla wafer at a time.  It's just soooo good....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means the world!