Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Final Stretch

This is is, the last few days before the BIG RACE!!  I'm nervous, anxious and honestly - just ready for it to be here already.

I've now worked out for the past six days straight, which marks an official record for me.  I couldn't tell you the last time that I've spent six straight days doing workout things.  I probably would've bailed on the last two days of events had it not been for my Be Fri, K.  Peer pressurer at its finest, but she got the job done and made me stay accountable to her and most of all, to myself.

Yesterday, I ran outside for the first time really ever and quickly realized how fast the race is going to eat my lunch.  It is SO different than jogging on a treadmill.  I'm pretty sure I've screwed myself in some ways by only training indoors, but what can I do about it now?  I just have to stay calm and carry on - isn't that the saying?  It has just been soooo hot here and I know myself enough to know if I had tried to do all of that running outside, it would've NEVER happened.

My legs are tired, my feet hurt and my knees at any given point are going to give out on me - and yet, I feel the best I've felt in years.  It's so weird, but I've just really let go and let God with this whole process, and I really feel like a weight has been lifted in many ways.  My next goal is to break through the 219 plateau I've been at for a few weeks, now.  I'll go down to 217, only to be right back up the next day.  It's frustrating because I know I'm smaller because m'damn pants are falling off of me (literally.  This actually almost happened yesterday at a birthday party.  Em-barrassing!).  I just want the scale to reflect how I look and feel.  I think it just wants to remain spiteful.

Tomorrow is my off-day for working out, and tonight I'm doing some meal and workout planning to coast into the race on Saturday.  Five more days...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means the world!