Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thursday Tidbits

I have found it all but impossible to work out this week.  I've only been once.  It's not that I don't WANT to go (I actually do), but it just seems that one thing leads to another and they all end up equalling me not working out.  Not great for a girl that has her first 5K soon.  I have a running date tomorrow, but all I want to do is sleep.  It's been a rough week physically and emotionally, and I'm totes over it.

So, I promised to write about supplements.  If there was ever a girl that hates peddling random products, it's this one right here.  (For the record, I actually feel like selling wine fits into that category.  How I got into the biz in the first place is a long, weird story.  Maybe I'll tell you over a glass of wine sometime?)  I tend to run from those who want to sell to me, as well.  I really, really love my friends that do that for a living, but hosting a Pampered Scentsy Thirty One party is just not something I would like to do.  With that said, I'm a freaking sucker for the latest and greatest weight loss products.   I totally want the quick fix (duh) and will try a lot of stupid shit out in hopes that it will be "the one".  Um...obvi, that hasn't happened yet or I wouldn't be writing this blog to air out all of my dirty, over sized laundry.

Enter Misty and her Genesis Pure. Girlfriend is a born sales person, and above all is a really good person with a big heart.  She called me randomly (or was it?) and said I should try out some of these new products she and her hubby have gotten into.  They are like Olympic athletes or something a lot closer to it than I'll ever be, and they love the supplements.

Que me wanting to run away.

I didn't though, and drove the two streets over to collect my generous goody bag o' products from Genesis Pure.  Overall there were some busts, some of them fell into the "I don't know what in the hell this is for" category and then...there it was...the SHAKE.

I can't stand shakes.  Remember when I mentioned my sons having issues with texture?  Well, that fun trait is probably from me.  I've grown out of most of my issues, but I really, really, like for realz don't like shakes at all.  Carnation Instant Breakfast makes me want to vomit just thinking about it.  I did the Shakeology cleanse for three days and actually puked up the shake one day because it just got to be too much.  So, I'm sure you can understand my hesitance to try yet another "super, going to change your life, awesome sauce for sure" shake product.  Alas, I am super frugal and not a waster (remember the chicken nuggets?) so I went ahead and made the blasted thing just so I could bitch about another shake product sucking.

Too bad that isn't what happened!

Holy crap.  I liked it.  Actually, I love it!  I have ordered my own and need to reorder more tomorrow.  It's delicious!  It doesn't have a metallic taste, I can blend it with frozen fruit and it makes a great breakfast that holds me at full until lunch.  Who knew it was possible!??

Since the Great Shake Discovery of 2012, I've also ordered the Green Coffee Bean extract pill.  This pill is supposed to do...something.  There is quite a long description, but the gist is that it helps with weight loss, blood sugar levels and doesn't give you the shakes.  I've taken it for a few days, and I've dropped a few lbs.  I'm skeptical to say that this pill is actually the reason for the drop, but I guess only time will tell.

**Major victory for the day:  I didn't drink a Diet Coke at lunch.  Man....I totally wanted one, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means the world!