Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Skinny Jeans

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I saw a friend today, and she totally made me feel good about how I am looking.  We haven't seen each other in a few weeks, and she said she could totally tell I've lost some weight in the ole' tummy area.  She made the comment that I was only wearing dresses previously, and now I'm rocking some skinny jeans.   This is a true story:  I was too fat for m'pants.  Anyone that has been preggarz knows all about the elastic-waisted maternity pants.  Ever since I wore them, it's been hard to want to wear anything else in the pants department.  They are just THAT comfortable.  So, what does a chubby bunny do?  She wears dresses.  All of the time.  Like, every day.  You can't see a muffin top in a dress, and it's so much nicer looking than your super big, worn out yoga pants.  *side note-my yoga pants have actually made it to yoga classes thankyouverymuch.  Boom.  Anyway, I found some skinny jeans at Target (one of my aforementioned four stores that I shop at) and promptly bought three pairs.  I am now the proud owner of black, teal and purple pants.  I am so cool I can hardly stand it.  Too bad I don't have shit to wear them with...but, that's a whole other adventure.  The pants fit, so by chubby bunny law I had to buy them.

You know what I am the worst about?  Finishing the kids' food.  Chicken nugget all alone on the plate?  No problem, I'll just pop that in my pie hole.  Left over spaghetti?  Let me take care of that, too.  I come from the "clean your plate" generation, so I feel its my civic duty to not waste food.  There are starving kids in Africa, after all.  My children are finicky eaters, and never eat a lot or very consistently. They both have huge issues with texture, and hate more things than they like.  The oldest is getting more adventurous, but still isn't the best eater.  The baby...oh, the sweet baby.  Well, let's just go ahead and state at 22 months, he is finally off the bottle (milk kind) and I'm afraid that has made him a bit behind in the food department.  I'm betting, however, that he grows up to be a foodie/chef/master sommelier because his favorite food is filet mignon.  I know that this is phase, and soon enough these boys will be eating me out of house and home.  It's just never fun buying baby food for your almost two year old because he won't eat anything else.

I went and had my foot looked at and got a massage to help with my calf muscles and foot pain.  I didn't go to the gym today in hopes that a days rest would help things along.  I never thought that I'd see the day where I actually felt guilty missing my workout, but I do.  I guess a blind squirrel can find a nut every once in awhile.

Ooh - Weight today: 218.  Down 2 lbs!  I started taking Genesis Pure Green Coffee Bean pills.  I will be doing a whole post tomorrow on Genesis Pure, but for now...apparently this stuff is quite legit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. It means the world!